segunda-feira, 7 de setembro de 2009
domingo, 6 de setembro de 2009
So I tried myself to find my center and write my recipe for happiness, write it down and from time to time read it and get it well into my head so that I don't forget her.
1. Learn to stay still. As JP once told me, take a rain coat, cover yourself and let it rain. The bad things will go away.
2. Let it go. Don't get attached to things or people too much. Love them but don't get dependent. Be yourself.
3. Be silent. Empty your mind from bad thoughts and let the Sun shine in you. No matter what some say, love exists and it is there to stay. Don't listen to people who don't believe.
4. Be attentive and awake. Notice, observe, but don't get obsessed with seeing "signs".
5. Thank nature for all it offers you, open your soul and be grateful. Nature is perfect. Learn to be like her.
6. Don't complain. That doesn't help you or anybody else. You will not become more special from complaining, nor solve your problems.
7. Allow yourself the luxury to escape from what you don't like and be present and happy. Look at the magic around you.
8. Follow your dreams and be ready to give up on things that don't make you evolve.
9. Always love with all your heart, be amazed, don't take things too seriously, smile at yourself.
segunda-feira, 20 de julho de 2009
I fell in love with Concha Buika. I discovered her accidently, listening to the radio and thinking...hey, she sings a song that has in its title the name of a person I know-Lola. I talked to Lola, she told me that she is going to see her but in my ignorance I forgot to buy tickets from FNAC. The days passed by, the concert day was approaching and I still had no ticket. Then I met Andreea :-) who wanted to join me and have a nice evening in Cascais. The tickets from FNAC were inexistent-all sold out. I tried my "secret service" which is Ticketline and with no problem whatsoever I got the tickets. So our Buika adventure started yesterday and for me it still hasn't stopped yet. After many glasses of white wine :-)) we went to the concert. Cheapest tickets, best places. Far away from the stage but close to the grass.
A nice green grass that invited us to lie on it. I looked at the sky, spotted the beautiful Ursa Minor constellation, then closed my eyes and got myself immersed into the music.....what a bliss. And Buika sang passionately as she knows so well, got sad from romantic songs, then started to make fun, admired Mariza and took pictures of her on the stage – crazy girl J I got back at 2 am by train, then took a taxi and guided the cab driver through the winding roads of Lisbon as he was Brazilian and didn’t have a clue where to go. I offered him a tip then got worried that he might not know how to get back-naïve Monica. Since then I keep dreaming, singing at the office, learning words, wonder how is it like to live in a gipsy environment like Lhasa da Sela or her (sometimes this gipsy world is soooo surpringly beautiful and crazy) offer my own interpretation to my lovely newly discovered songs…..love Buika. Enjoy her.
sábado, 11 de julho de 2009
Monica is a happy girl - I look at pictures with her since she was a child and I can't stop laughing - with her funny faces and love for life. She still has this in her, and more, she loves the Sun endlessly, the sea in a passionate way, Estrela in a romantic way, she longs for Lisbon (how crazy) and would love to live her life in the most beautiful possible way - serene, floating and breathing the air with a peaceful spirit. Sometimes she doesn't succeed. This is when she is angry and gets stubborn and obsessed with little things that she doesn't have, and blames herself for that and forgets the beauty around. Luckily this doesn't last so much and she gets back on the right track. She wakes up and drinks her black coffee, squeezes her lovely, delicious, sweet, Algarvian oranges that brings back lovely memories in her head and starts dreaming. She loves movies but didn't manage to watch a good one for a while, apart from the lovely, superb "Jeux d'enfants" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364517/ , but she knows there is a new "Penelope Cruz movie" in the theaters http://samuelgoldwynfilms.com/ that she wants to see, she wants to get immersed in the Parisian life by watching Coco avant Chanel, she knows that she will soon write a beautiful article on the BES prizes and she will start dreaming again of her lovely life, praise the Moon, talk to the Sun, greet the little birds that come into her house, wish to visit Iceland to talk to the fairies and be forgiven by all the people that she got angry because of her childish behavior (sorry, sorry, sorry!) and look at life through the eyes of a little girl that discovers the magic of life. Choose love.
quarta-feira, 1 de julho de 2009
At times I want to find my hidden place with hidden words that I can share only with a chosen few. So I came up with another blog this morning ....my secret blog... just before going to the office. Actually, I should be all dressed up now and ready to leave, but I don't want to do this. I want to write about my questions of the day.
1. What is your level of happiness? I want to remain in my present level of happiness, to live on my fluffy light blue cloud and love.
2. How to bring magic in your life? Sometimes I cannot do this but little things manage to bring back so fast magic into my life. I turned dependent on a blog, I love discovering secret or not so secret places, buildings and gardens. Last night it was just the Vodafone building in Lisbon-yes, as pragmatic as this, but as magic as it can possibly be.
3. What is your dream level? I think I should be fired from any job if anybody would actually know what my dream level is. shhhhhh......LOVE :-)
"She'll let you in her house
If you come knockin' late at night
She'll let you in her mouth
If the words you say are right
If you pay the price
She'll let you deep inside
But theres a secret garden she hides
She'll let you in her car
To go drivin' round
She'll let you into the parts of herself
That'll bring you down
She'll let you in her heart
If you got a hammer and a vise
But into her secret garden, don't think twice
You've gone a million miles
How far you get
To that place where you can't remember
And you can't forget
She'll lead you down a path
There'll be tenderness in the air
She'll let you come just far enough
So you know she's really there
She'll look at you and smile
And her eyes will say
She's got a secret garden
Where everything you want
Where everything you need
Will always stay
A million miles away"
and yes, Bruce Springsteen is the man of the day